Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Our Lady of Penafrancia Church
Our Lady of Penafrancia Church was also visted in our Naga city tour last July 2011 that made me more realize how people there love their religious heritage. We've been to Metropolitan Cathedral and headed to this particular church where temperature then was totally hot.

Our city tour guide said that  hand painted ceilings and fine architectural design are well preserved for Ina's devotees and tourists. It was built by Rev. Miguel Covarrubias in 1711 in fullfillment of his vow that housed the original image of Our Lady of Peñafrancia first which is now situated at Basilica Minore.
Church isle and it's ceiling.
The Virgin of Penafrancia was so miraculous and cured a lot of people from the time Her image was brought in this church during 1710. Honestly, because I'm not into news and current and historical events, I was clueless about INA's abouts.
The Altar.
It was then I knew that there's a fluvial procession and translacion what they called before her feast day. Translacion which means transfer of Our Lady of Penafrancia image transfer from one church to another.
Altar's ceiling
Right wing's ceiling.
Actually I was amazed because there was such religious celebration here in the Philippines, not to mention I'm helpless unupdated person about PH, even it's map. It made me realize how people are really devoted to Her from preparations of 9-day novena, fluvial procession and translacion which are not usual on other feast here
.
Miraculous icon of the holy face on left. Tombstone planted I found inside the church (right).
Once you entered the church you will also feel the oldy feeling from it's structure from walls, ceilings and floor. Even it was late regular day morning, where no church goers usually present, it was still open to everyone unlike here in Cavite which is usually seldom. Upon checking the area, I accidentally saw this tombstone planted on the the church's floorings and promptly asked it to our guide. He said that there were a total of 4 tombs inside the church which were priests' and I just said...ahh but when I looked closer on my pics, they weren't. Well I just noticed that some of his answers were not justifiable, tsk..tsk..
Outside the church, Mysteries placed on walls.
Upon exiting the church we went to the candle area and alley to cemetery that actually surprised me. It's unusual to see this kind of setting that made me ask the tour guide again, he just said that it was there prior to church construction and previous priests were buried there, then I just said...ahh. Because of lack of time, we didn't entered the cemetery, we had to go to next house of Ina, Basilica Minore.
Candles for Ina and our loveones.
There were lots of vendors outside the church offering candles and a copy of Our Lady of Penafrancia mini Prayer and they kept on following potential customers, tourists. As we went to the candle area, we bought  candles to lit and refused to buy the prayer which I can just take a photo of it situated just beside the church.
Cementery at the back of the church.
Our Lady of Penafrancia Parayer Tablet.

Posted by AimeFM on Sunday, December 25, 2011

0 comments

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me