Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Approaching Matukad Island.
Our Island adventure begun when we left Bikal port about 2 in the afternoon and ride a medium sized boat with our tour guide Kuya Joseph. After passing by so many beautiful Islands, we didn't imagine that we'll land on this amaxing Island.

From a far, you'll see this beautiful huge rock inviting you to swim on its bluish waters from your boat up to the shore. This view is just a glimpse and be ready to unveil the beauty you never seen before and I tell you, you don't want to leave this Island upon your first step!
Matukad1
White sands and limestone rock at Matukad.
After an hour we finally docked at the Matukad's shore. My first Matukad Island step was so unforgettable. I felt like I was stepping on a "Pulboron", (a filipino delicacy composed of powdered milk, sugar, and flour) and I cant help but to enjoy it like a child.
Matukad2
I love the luscious green trees around. 
The time we visited this Island, locals were cleaning the whole Island because Survivor India will held their first episode shoot, luckily we went there first and experienced the beauty of the Island. Imagine it's beauty that made foreign Survivor team keep coming back Caramoan?
Matukad3
Limestone at beach front.
Matukad Island got it's name from local term "Mataas" or Steep based on how limestone rocks appears around the Island. In this picture, this limestone rock formation got my attention, it looks like a throne of the ocean's king situated at the front of the shore.
Matukad
We did rock climbing here! :)
Behind this spiny rocks on our backdrop lies an intriguing mystery (left). Our tour guide told us a story about a mysterious "Bangus" or milk fish that made the Island more popular. These spiny rocks we climbed would seriously scratch your skin if you're not cautious. Be careful upon holding and stepping on it and always follow what your guide tells you.
Matukad6
Matukad Lagoon.
Upon reaching the top, here's the Matukad Lagoon where the 6-kilo-milk fish lives for about 20 years. Would it really be true that a fish can live this long? Unusual but true, locals says. After seeing the lagoon and heard about the story, we climbed a little more to move to a certain spot where you can appreciate the whole Island.
Matukad9
Matukad Island's View from the highest point of the Island.
Here's the perfect view from the perfect spot! Now you know why I really love this Island! I haven't imagined I could see this breath taking scenery that I only saw on paintings.
Matukad1
Beautiful views of the Island.
Wow! the only word I said. This spot is so perfect I never regretted I had stone scratches and bruises on my legs. From here, you'll see how beautiful the whole Island is. See those Islands on our background? How about those sea grasses saying hi from the waters? Right picture has the background of Matukad's shore together with the beautiful huge rock. And see where we docked our boat, the area we came from down there? Weew, a little bit tiring but it's really worth it.
Matukad10
Swimming time!
After the rock climbing challenge, get tired and bathe in so much heat and sweat (eeew) we immediately plunge into Island's cold bluish waters. So relaxing and so fun! Moreover, we enjoyed snorkeling too!
Matukad2
Underwater captures under the huge rock.
I wasn't able to catch good underwater pictures that time however able to saw beautiful fishes even the water is too shallow (about 1 ft. high). Well if you'll compare it other beaches, I can say that this Island is so rich in resources and nature, still conserved.
Matukad13
The huge rock.
This rock was the first thing I appreciated when we came into the Island, started upon seeing it from afar and the second to my favorite things here.
Matukad15
Island's other side, the rich forest. This was taken after we left the Island.
Time spent here for me was not enough coz I really fell in love with this Island. From it's trees, limestones, underwater creatures, waters and of course my favorite, it's sands. Then we were off to our next Island destination.
July 31, 2011:
I will never forget this great Island for its beautiful scenery, rock formations, powdered pure white sand, stories, snorkeling, rock climbing and swimming. All in one Island! That was my first time to do and see all those things in one particular place. So perfect, so beautiful. I know every people, adventurous or not, will definitely enjoy this place. I swear that you will really love this Island like we do. After leaving the Island, I promised to myself that I will come back and hug Matukad Island once again.

Posted by AimeFM on Sunday, December 25, 2011

0 comments

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me